PC Upgrades Made Easy
In today's world of rapidly improving technology, your brand new PC can soon feel old and dated. However, there's no need to buy a whole new system every couple of years — by upgrading key components at the right time you can ensure that your PC continues to perform well without breaking the bank.
This Guidaroo has been designed to make it easy for anyone to upgrade a PC, no matter what their level of experience or technical know-how. We'll talk you through the various components that make up your system and explain the best value upgrades for your needs, as well as how to choose hardware that's compatible with your existing machine.
There's also a comprehensive hardware jargon buster you can refer to if you need pointers with particular kit.
You'll find step-by-step guides to all the essential upgrades, so improving your PC's performance is as simple as finding compatible hardware and following the instructions on the following pages.
It's not just desktop computers that can be upgraded either — we've included a guide to updating your laptop or netbook with newer hardware, giving you a performance and stability boost for not much money at all.
There's also a guide to upgrading your wireless network, so you can take advantage of the latest equipment to get the fastest broadband speeds around your home.
If you simply need to add extra storage space to your computer for digital media files and documents, then we've covered this as well with guides to RAID setups and external drives.
This 36-page Guidaroo guide is available for instant download for just £5.99.
(Roughly* €7, or US$9, or Can$9, or Aus$9)
PDF format, filesize: 58,000KB. How does this work?
- The key components of a PC — A straightforward introduction to the hardware that makes up your computer system.
- Analyse your system hardware — Work out which devices are currently installed and check how well they are performing.
- Top 5 budget upgrades — The hardware upgrades that are guaranteed to give you the best bang for your buck.
- Upgrade your laptop — The comprehensive guide to upgrading the components inside a notebook computer.
- Upgrade your Wi-Fi network — Increase the speed and stability of your home network with the help of our advice and tips.
- External drives and USB storage — Adding extra storage space to your system is straightforward, as this guide shows.
- Set up a RAID system — Set up two (or more) hard drives to work in tandem for extra space and security.
- Computer case mods — Take PC upgrades further by customising your computer case with a range of tweaks.
- Check hardware connections — Make sure everything is plugged in correctly and troubleshoot common problems.
- Buying hardware online — We show you how to find the right components on the Web and locate the best prices.
- Hardware jargon buster — Confused by the techno-babble? Our wide-reaching glossary can help make sense of it all.